Thankful for the rain last night, and happy to see the sun this morning ❤
Last week we held our very first pop-up shop here at Cloud Nine Oddities (a boutique for freaks) in Nelson, BC.
The Kitchen Witch makes handcrafted self-care & manifestation goods. Crafted in the comfort of her kitchen made with intention, love & magic! Some of her products are Solar & Lunar infused under two full moons, a lunar eclipse & a solar eclipse. Something that I also particularly love is that some products come with rose quartz or dragon’s tooth amethyst stones in them.
Here some photo’s I took at the pop-up shop! You can check out her facebook page for more details on products & prices!
m i z l u l u
Today I am featuring the lovely Beth & Olivia – Handmade bath and body products from Vancouver, BC. They sell their products on Etsy and BigCartel. They sent me 3 lovely items to review for you lovely beans.
This is their lip butter for tea lovers! I myself am a huge tea lover and especially Earl Grey! Using Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Beeswax. All having beneficial properties making a fantastic lip balm! This is a pretty soft lip butter so when applying it be sure to be soft with it.
Beth & Olivia have 8 different lip balms priced at $5.82
This green clay face mask is specifically great for oily, combination and acne prone skin. Green clay helps draw toxins out of the skin and pores, helps with redness and inflammation, helps lighten acne scars and allows your skin to heal.
This 1oz bottle is priced for $10.34
Last is this adorable mini Tea Tree & Eucalyptus soap. Priced for $4.78. I’m personally a big fan of both of these scents. Both being healing and refreshing. Each bar of soap being hand cut and hand wrapped with love!
Made with: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifer), Oat protein (conditioner). titanium dioxide (mineral whitener using in opaque soaps), white kaolin clay, high grade cinnamon and clove essential oils.
Be sure to check out Beth and Olivia websites below!
m i z l u l u
Good day beautiful beans ❤ I hope your summer is treating you well and that sun is shining where ever you are!
Alienscty Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Alienscty?ref=l2-shopheader-name
15% OFF Coupon Code: MIZLULU
Today I have an incredibly special collaboration to share with you. I was recently in contact with the lovely Michele Lav; owner and creator of AlienScty. Her store specializes in Religious Artifacts, Medicinal Herbs & Spiritual tools. She just recently relocated to beautiful Montreal, Quebec. So further or due lets jump into this special package!
Michele creates these beautiful herbal sets [DIY tea & bath]. This is just a sample pack of the herbal set. The full set comes with 15 different organic elements & a few other bits and bobs to have the complete set for your creations.
She included jasmine, marigold, hibiscus and lavender. I have recently gotten more into creating my own teas with the organic plants that grow around where I reside. This will be a lovely additive to my tea making ^.^
This next lovely little gift made my entire package smell divine. This is an organic lavender bath bag made with epsom salt lavender scented , dried lavender buds, dried rosemary, virgin coconut oil & oat. These bath bags come in 3’s and are quite enchanting.
The next adorable gift was this miniature bottle with the scent of rose water in it. I’m not sure if it had liquid in it before hand but when I opened it, it smelt lovely but was dry inside. I love the Hamsa imprint on the little clay bottle. This will fit in lovely with my boyfriends small bottle collection ^.^
The next few gifts were wrapped in this beautiful weaved fabric. Absolutely adorable.
In this lovely little pouch I received this beautiful little piece of amethyst which I adore ❤ A compass Necklace in Rose Gold and this double loop Hamsa ring. This ring is very unique and beautiful. I haven’t seen a double loop ring like this before and was in Aw when I tried it on for the first time! The compass necklace is very special and delicate & would speak to any traveling soul ❤
Last is my very favourite! I am in love with everything Michele has sent me, however these shell spoons she makes are so beautiful and different and I think every mermaid hearted spirit would fall in love with these gorgeous spoons.
Thank you so much to Michele Lav from Alienscty, what you are doing is so special and I hope you continue following your passions and your heart ❤ blessings to your beautiful soul.
15% OFF Coupon Code: MIZLULU
m i z l u l u
When the sun is beaming down you’ll see my lady Brown ❤
A few sunny snaps with my beautiful roommate ❤
This Tuesday I find myself doing yoga on my kitchen floor then sitting down to edit through video I recorded yesterday. Unfortunantly some of my footage was deleted from pulling my SD card out without ejecting it 😥 So remember to always safely remove your SD card because you can and you most likely will lose some of your photos/footage.
On another note! It is almost winter and nothing is more cozy than a large jar of tea in my books. Personally I am not a huge green tea fan, however the benefits of drinking it are difficult not to want to take part in. This “Harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint” by Tazo tea’s is very tolerable for me, being a green tea and all. It truly is a bit harmonious, a very lovely blend. I love lemongrass and I’m a fan of mint tea’s. So if you are in somewhat the same flavor’s and want to get into green tea or already love green tea and just looking for something new I recommend trying the Tazo blends! They are a tad expensive, about $6-$7 a box. and you can get them at any Starbucks, SaveOnFoods.. i’m sure you can pick it up at other grocery stores!
- Weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Heart Disease. Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
- Tooth Decay. Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
- Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial. Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage.
Recently I’ve been on the hunt for cheap candles in glass container/wear and have found it rather difficult coming across candles that aren’t $10+. Unless of course you are at Dollorama which nothing is less than $3 but sometimes not what you’re looking for. Sometime last week I made my way into town, alllll the way to the Canadian Wholesale and have found these adorable $1.25 vanilla bean “starlytes”. They smell e-x-a-c-t-l-y like vanilla cake with Betty Crocker’s vanilla icing…. You know the one, and they come in these adorable “mason jar” looking containers. LOVE!
Over the past year or so, i’ve been experimenting with different drug store face wash’. I finally feel like I have hit the jack pot with this one! ST.Ives Naturally Clear, Green Tea Scrub, smells absolutely divine. It has a very mild scrub to it, and leaves your face feeling amazingly fresh and soft. It contains salicylic acid which is an acne treatment, which really does make a noticeable difference after washing your face. I’m pretty sure you can pick this up at almost any drug store & I will definitely be picking this one up again.
I got this argan oil for a christmas present, probably about 3 years ago. Which is absolutely ridiculous that I didn’t really start using it until last year. I did come across this product at Wall-Mart for only $10, and I believe that any human that applies heat or dye of any sort should have a bottle of argan oil. It is so unbelievably repairing for dry/fried, dead ends & damage of any kind to the hair. It really leaves your hair feeling healthy, with enough nurture for silky goodness! I brought this to Mexico with me last November and this helped save my hair from sun damage & all the salt water swimming can be harsh on your hair. I’ve been using it ever since. Also this bottle will last you what will seem for ever, I only use a drop ever time I get out of the shower. I do find if i use too much (over 2 drops) it can leave me hair feeling a bit oily, hence the argan “oil”.
If you come across this white tea & blueberry at the store, pick it up! It is sooo yummy! The only ingredients are filtered water, cane sugar, white tea, natural blueberry flavour and citcric acid. They also have just a regular ice tea which is also delicious. Random, simple and very worth trying 😉
Hello and welcome to my blog, if you are not already a follower :3
I drink about 5 of these large jars of tea a day, lately. Curious if my followers are tea drinkers?